Saturday, September 25, 2010

athleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetic!

First, I went and visited with my soon to be roommates the night before last, and they are wonderful. One is obsessed with the US and watches The Hills, The City and Keeping up with the Kardashians. All are super fashionable and make me feel like a lumberjack, so obviously I will need to step my game up. October 1st cannot come soon enough.

second, Casco Viejo (the old neighborhood where I'm staying in the meanwhile) is beautiful and has delicious pintxos and lots of other good things but it is flipping LOUD at night. And tonight Athletic Bilbao plays FC Barcelona so it's not really a question as to whether there will be celebratory screaming outside my window all night, just whether it will be in Spanish or Catalan. I saw some of the Catalanes earlier and one of them sounded just like the Godfather. Hot dang, now that I look around the square it is all Barça fans, maybe I will go put on my new Athletic jersey just to represent a little. Come on Bilbao, get your game on.

third, there is a shop in the Plaza Nueva here which I just noticed sells all these Basque gourmet things, plus Moravian cookies from Winston Salem, NC!

ooooh it's starting to rain, I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment